Thursday, 15 December 2011

RECCE REPORT

I’ve chosen three main locations to film my production. All three of these locations were carefully considered and chosen as suitable places to film as they all attain their own benefits. For my first scene, I chose the back of the college.
 I would like a plain area with very basic scenery to shoot the first scene of my video, which will be of me dancing in my St. Lucian masquerade costume. As the location is outside and I will be shooting in the day, I will not require any special lighting. The only reason I will require lighting is if it is a very gloomy and foggy day. The area chosen is very suitable as it is isolated from the public. I should not have any interruptions whilst filming and no unwanted noises.
For my second location, I will be filming indoors at the West Indian cultural centre. I do not need permission to use this location, as I will be performing at one of their social events. I have already put in an inquest about filming whilst we are performing. The centre has its own lighting and also stage lighting, so I will not need to worry about that.  I will ask for a special seat for my camera man, so that they will have the best possible shot of me. The most beneficial thing of filming indoors is that it’s easier to maintain continuity, so that if you had to re-film things will be in the same order, or you can at least put them back in the same order. One downside of this is that because it is an event, I will not be able to re-film and take many shots. I have to get it right the first time.
My third location will be in class. I want my video to be personal and as realistic as can be, as it is a self portrait. By doing this in class, I will give the audience a sense of my everyday life. Even though I will not be able to control my surroundings in class, I want it to be that way. I purposely chose a hectic area to shoot my voice over scenes, as it gives the video a sense of real time, making it very realistic. As it will be shot on my normal class days, I will not need permission to shoot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment